• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange call from Verizon

Just received a call from 800-416-8434 stating that my Friends and Family may be moved in 30 days. Anyone else receive a call similar to this?

I've been getting them, too! I get them around 2-4 in the afternoon. Didn't know who was calling and I never pick up because I don't recognize the number. Well, I looked it up online and got a responses. It was even on the consumer complaint site called CALLERCENTER. Looks like it's Verizon's marketing department. How come they're calling me? I don't have an account with them. And how did they get my information?

It's unfortunate that even legit business now resort to trespassing people's right to privacy just to sell their products to people who don't really need them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones