• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help strange erratic screen behavior

AndroidSPCS

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
USA
I activated an almost new Epic this weekend, and it has been amazing so far.

I only noticed one strange erratic occurence - when I put the phone to standby, and went to look at it a little while later, the screen was already on.

I clicked on home, and as soon as I did that, it would somehow activate the google search widget, and bring up the keyboard as if you pressed the search widget. I'd press home, and it would do the same thing again. It kept repeating it over and over no matter what I did.

I finally powered the phone off, and then turned it back on.

After that, there were no further issues. Anyone else had anything like this happen?

did not have the same exact issues with the capacitive buttons, but i did have similar issue where the phone was hung and would not go to sleep. this was on the first day also.

i noticed that my contact was hung, seems like it was trying to synch all my google contacts down to the phone but got stuck somewhere. it was draining the battery down like crazy. i did a power cycle and all is fine after that.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones