1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange messaging / people issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phase_k, May 26, 2011.

1. phase_k

phase_k Lurker

In the last week when I look in the Messaging app I notice that some of the messages received are showing the phone number rather than the Persons name that the message is from, on the main overview screen.

If I then look in the People app I can see these people exist and their number is correct, however I can also see a secondary contact if I type their number which shows as (Unknown) with the same number.

I'm guessing this is why it isn't showing their name in messaging but I'm not sure why this has happened or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Karl
    (HTC Desire S)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jimeller

jimeller Android Enthusiast

In people app, press menu>view this shows the option of where to draw your contacts from. Personally, mine are all synced with google, so I uncheck SIM and Phone contacts to avoid duplicates.

3. phase_k

phase_k Lurker

I've tried that and it doesn't make a difference if I turn everything off except for phone or gmail in messages, I still get some which are displaying the number and not the contact.

The weird thing is though there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Some show the name, but some show only the number. Most of them are linked between phone/google/facebook etc.

This has only started happening in the last week!

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews