• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Occurrence

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
Just now my phone restarted on its own. (5:00 AM EST) However it took longer than a plain restart so I tried to figure out what happened. I found that my phone got another configuration update without asking me if I wanted the update. But when I checked the software version, it hadn't changed. (At least I don't think so)
I've attached two screenshots, please let me know if the versions are different from your Verizon phones so I can figure out what happened.
Thanks
Screenshot_20200413-050138.png Screenshot_20200413-050800.png
I just realized what it did. It changed my security update from April 1st backwards to March 1st. But since the version is still the same, maybe the April update was named in error and it actually was the March update. That would also coincide with the new OS update coming. It isn't the update that I read was coming because the build number hasn't changed. I'm sorry if I confused everyone, but know you know how I feel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I finally found the Verizon page for updates to our phone. It doesn't really help much. It says that the first update was for March, even though it said April. It doesn't say anything about the newest update that I think corrected the first one. Also, it says that they can download automatically, but we have to say "OK" to install it. That hasn't happened to me. They've been installed without asking me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Capture+_2020-04-13-10-08-36.png

Upvote 0
I just noticed something that I think the last update did. It changed my Accessibility settings. Four programs that I had turn on the Accessibility were turned off and not by me. I would check your settings if you have trouble from nowhere. It's under General.

No change in mine, but in all honesty, I haven't enabled much other than several app permissions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones