• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at boot screen after partition/flash

Sorry for not being helpful...

Just another pile-on for why a2sd should die. Not needed. Yet. :)

Hey Brian,

I recently flashed the Fresh rom but didn't follow all the steps properly, so i didn''t get A2SD... but everything else is working great..

I was thinking of reflashing...
Do you think that I should keep it as is? It's very smooth and fast, that's why I didn't do it right away.
I have OC working...

What's your reasoning for no A2SD?

Upvote 0
I'm stuck on the android on skateboards after i partitioned and flashed apps2sd. Any resolutiobns other than wiping
?
sorry, Evil eris 2.0.1

Some of the ROMs do not like booting when there is a partitioned SD card in the slot. Try booting it without the SD card. If it succeeds, and acts normally, then you know what the remedy is when using that ROM - get rid of the ext & swap partitions on the SD card.

I had this happen when restoring EE2.0b from a Nandroid restore. Perversely, if you pulled the SD card for the first boot after the Nandroid restore, subsequent boots would succeed with the card inserted.

What was most interesting about that experience was discovering that even though the skating Droids were being displayed, Android was actually fully booted, but apparently looping on an error - see for yourself by running "adb logcat" from your PC when the phone is stuck at the "skaters" .

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones