• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck at recovery screen

hey guys

so im on my second eris root. all is well thus far, accept now i am trying to boot from recovery to put vanilladroid on it, and i cant get into recovery mode. i didnt have this problem with the last phone i did this to, and i dont know what im doing wrong at this point. i have reloaded amon's recovery image, and done all of that process over again. nothing works, when i boot power/volume up, all i get is the skateboard guys, then the exclamation point inside a triangle, with a phone laying down. "button mashing" on the end and send buttons then leads the phone to reboot back to normal mode. i even tried to reboot recovery from adb, and still got this end result. i am out of ideas (as im no programmer...)

also, i have tried to get on irc, but keep getting booted, even when switching sn's...so ive given up on that as well...

any help is much appreciated...

thanks guys
Skeeter

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones