• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in a BootLoop.... Help!!!!!!!

If you're handy I would open her up and make sure all of your connections are secure.. powerkane did a video on the process that I found very informative :). I would try a few more samsung usb drivers, there are atleast 3 varieties out there that claim to be for this phone but some don't work. Bads3ctor has one, and samsungs webpage for the stu has another but only for the sprint phone (it works for either phone but they only post the link for the sprint version of the phone).. maybe its just a bad driver or micro usb cable making it so your pooter can't recognize it..

Upvote 0
omg! i just remembered, I uninstalled tutorial widgets after uninstalling twitter. I remember seeing it in the downloaded applications list and thought that I didn't need it, so I deleted it. Do you think this caused my problem??? I'm trying very hard to remember every single detail.

Nah.. and fyi you're doing a great job with details.. there can never be too many..

Upvote 0
If you're handy I would open her up and make sure all of your connections are secure.. powerkane did a video on the process that I found very informative :). I would try a few more samsung usb drivers, there are atleast 3 varieties out there that claim to be for this phone but some don't work. Bads3ctor has one, and samsungs webpage for the stu has another but only for the sprint phone (it works for either phone but they only post the link for the sprint version of the phone).. maybe its just a bad driver or micro usb cable making it so your pooter can't recognize it..
Ok. I will try that! Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK. Not a problem. Please follow this step by step as these are tried and true methods to recover your soft brick. Problems only happen if steps are not followed. I will not be held liable if steps are not followed:

1. Download the ODIN link I provided. Just in case here it is again :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/23pulfr13wkz7lu/Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe
  2. Download the stock Boost ROM. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3mcqnz4vdosvzu/tu_system_boost.zip
  3. Download the transform OPS file. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpt7m0x2tj6a739/TransformUltra.ops
  4. Download the tu_stock_recovery. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sswt14ndknuu87y/tu_stock_recovery.tar

That should be all the files needed. Now for the fun stuff......

1. Run the ODIN program you just downloaded.
  2. Put your phone into download mode by pressing and holding the camera + volume down + power button at the same time.

You should see a screen pop up that states you are in download mode. Press the volume up button to continue.
  3. Hook phone up to computer via usb. On the ODIN screen you should see a yellow box appear in the COM Port Mapping (about 1/4 of the way down on the left) that shows you are connected on COM6 or something similar.
  4. Below COM Port Mapping under Option you will see 4 options:
    One Package
    Auto Reboot
    Protect OPS
    Reset Time (Sec)
    Make sure the first (3) are checked and Reset Time (sec) is unchecked.
  5. Below Option under the Debug Option you will see 1 option:
    Debug ONLY
    Make sure and have that unchecked.
  6. 1/2 down on the right you will see "Select OPS".

Click the "OPS" button and find the file you just downloaded: TransformUltra.ops
  7. On the bottom right you will see "Selet Integrate Package - Check One Package Option". Click "One Package" and find the file you just downloaded tu_system_boost.
  8. Press start.
    Let it finish.
  9. Follow steps 1-7 again.
  10. In "One Package", find the file you just downloaded "tu_stock_recovery" and hit start.
    Let it finish.
  11. Unplug phone and boot up.

You should be able to have a complete bootable system.

Good luck.
I connected my phone to my desktop computer at work, downloaded the driver MSM7x30 so that the computer could detect the phone, put the phone in download mode, opened odin software, got the yellow box etc etc, followed all of these instructions and it is still in a boot loop. :( I'm praying it's the battery. I will stop by a Boost or Sprint store on the way home, to see if they will let me use an existing battery to test. I would rather do this instead of investing in another battery & waiting to receive it (I ordered my previous battery from amazon). Any other suggestions in the meantime?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, well I have been reading a lot of guides and troubleshooting guides and have yet to solve my problem.

1. Tried factory reset(still looping):(

2. Tried a hard reset (still looping):(

3. Re-Installing the Stock Rom and Recovery (still looping):thinking:
:eek:
still looping = I press Power Button and it goes through booting screens and comes to the Home Screen. Once the clock adjust to correct time the screen goes BLACK and then begins to boot up over and over until I remove the battery.
:eek:
What can I try now? I don't have the money for a new phone.

I was given the phone four months ago with a bloated battery, so I purchased a new battery and the phone worked fine until a week ago. It started to freeze and then began the looping as mentioned above

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones