• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in an install loop!?!?!?

ORD84

Apr 19, 2010
SHE-KA-GO
Hey guys any way to try and reset any of this, for some odd reason I am constanly getting stuck in an install loop, no matter if I'm on the play store or the amazon app store, downloads the entire file just fine and then constantly just says install...

How would I go about fixing this? really starting to bug the heck outta me...

edit: this all started after I went on a long trip this past week and had gotten alot of sand in my pocket it which in turn got into the usb port on the side...don't think that would have caused it though, also there's no signs of water damage

Hey guys any way to try and reset any of this, for some odd reason I am constanly getting stuck in an install loop, no matter if I'm on the play store or the amazon app store, downloads the entire file just fine and then constantly just says install...

How would I go about fixing this? really starting to bug the heck outta me...

edit: this all started after I went on a long trip this past week and had gotten alot of sand in my pocket it which in turn got into the usb port on the side...don't think that would have caused it though, also there's no signs of water damage

Have you tried a soft reset (e.g. turn power off, remove battery for :60, put battery back in, power up)?

If you've tried that, I know there's another soft reset procedure that Sprint CS can do that might help also.

I know what you're talking about, but I always attributed it to installs happening while I went out of service area. Soft reset has always fixed it for me.

Reactions: ORD84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones