• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in download mode

Jessejess87

Sep 15, 2010
I no there are threads similar to needing help suck in download mode. But I had some different problems. First i tried to use the odin to flash back to stock so i can use a different rom. but when i was trying my phone got unplugged from my computer and i received a picture on my phone with a phone a caution sign and the computer. i finaly got out of that and was able to put it in download mode. took about 30 min to get off that caution sign to the download mode. now from here using the command prompt it can detect my phone with adb devices. i also cant get odin to work. Im sorry that this is so long, but this is the first time this has happened so im reaally in need of help. Also if i take my battery out and try again then i get that phone and caution sign with the computer again and have to spend about another 30 min trying to get back to download mode

Umm the caution sign IS download mode.

Take out battery unplug from USB.
Double-click the Odin Executable
Put in battery
Hold down both Volume keys
Plug in USB
The Odin software should detect the phone as COM3 or COM 4 or something.
Release the volume keys
Click the big Start button
A green progress bar should start appearing under the yellow caution icon on your phone. It'll then do some weird stuff but it'll restart itself eventually. Odin will say something about it completed. Phone will be on the main menu screen if you push the power button.

Upvote 0
no not the caution sign with the android working lol, it a phone----caution sign---computer. i herd i have a soft brick. if i mess with it for like 30 min trying 2 put it in dl mode it will go to it, but odin wont recognize it. at one time i got com in odin but didnt do n e thing on my phone

did you have odin open before you plugged your phone in?

and it may be the batch number, not all phones work with the one click odin. i dont remember which ones work and which ones dont

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones