• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in rainbow screen!

I booted my G1 with the back button held down to check whether it is a 32A or 32B. Now I'm stuck in the info screen with red, green, blue stripes and none of the buttons I have tried will exit the screen.

I just discovered that when your G1 get stuck on the Rainbow Reboot screen all you need to do is:

1) Pull battery out so phone turns off; then put battery back in
2) When phone is off; you need to Press and Hold down the "Power" (red) & "Home" keys at the same time so it takes you to the reboot screen.
3) This will take you to the the warning Icon
4) Press and Hold down the Power and Home keys again and before selecting the reboot option

5) PLUG YOU PHONE TO A COMPUTER USB CHARGER
6) then Select reboot option
7) This should power up by taking you to the G1 loading screen first, instead of the straight to rainbow screen.

Now instead of going to the rainbow screen like it kept on doing, the phone should just powers up. The first time the phone kept on getting stuck on the rainbow screen, I had to wipe the whole phone then and do the steps above but this way I didn't loose any of my info or apps!

This worked for me so I hope it does the same for you!

-KushVision
:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones