• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on cyanogen (mod) screen after rooting

Hi all,

I rooted my htc desire hd and installed the cyanogen 7 image using the steps found in this article (How to Root the HTC Desire HD - xda-developers)

My phone is now stuck on the cyanogen (mod) boot screen and just keeps looping on this screen. I've now realised that the steps in the link I used didn't talk about creating a custom backup and am worries that I've bricked my phone.

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Don't worry and relax. First grab your PC and download the CM ROM you are trying to flash and use an MD5 checker WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware to ensure the file you download is exactly as it should be. (The md5 for the CM ROM should be available from xda or the CM website.)

If the md5 sums match then put the ROM on your sd card by turning your phone off and removing it from your phone and placing it in the PC direct via an adaptor.Then put the card in your phone turn the phone on by pressing the vol- (thats volume down) button and the power button together and selecting recovery by using the vol keys to scroll and the power button to select.Now perform a format and factory reset of your phone. Then try to flash the ROM again by selecting install from sd card.

Probably a corrupted file you use originally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones