1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stupid charging port cover ...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by untitled1, Dec 21, 2012.

1. untitled1

untitled1 Well-Known Member

I've had phones with charging port covers before, and while they're somewhat annoying it didn't bug me as much as it seems to bother others.

The DNA, however, has the worst charging port cover I've ever seen. My craptastic Motorola KRZR from 2006 had a superior cover. The DNA's cover has always been difficult to open, difficult to close, and now it has broken off in the course of ordinary use.

As far as I can tell, nothing actually snapped or ripped - where the cover itself connected to another piece of plastic, whatever adhesive they use just didn't hold.

I've been very careful with the door because I felt it was flimsy, so this is very frustrating.

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zenman

zenman Android Enthusiast

Yep, mine's gone too. I pulled firmly on it once in a moment of frustration, then changed my mind about removing it. It fell off a few days later. Oh well.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

My phone doesn't come with a port cover, but I made sure to rip it off my otterbox defender case when I got it.

Way more hassle than they are worth ;)

4. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Agreed that it's hard to open and close. I prefer not to remove it though - I'm considering buying a wireless charger so I can just leave it closed.

5. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert

Content deleted by me. XD

6. victek

Take the phone apart?

7. Phatninja55

Maybe not such a good idea to tell people to take there phones apart... I was tired. -_-

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. victek

I was wondering if you had figured out how to do it :)

9. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

crap too late, jk

10. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

Waiting on the "I killed my phone because a guide tld me to take it apart" thread

xxxheroxxx, Outlaw.99 and Wolfedude88 like this.
  11. victek

Maybe "the voices told me"? :D

12. AcesAndRum

AcesAndRum Newbie

Same thing happened, port cover broke off and the phones not even a month old. TBH though, its better this way, that flap was a piece of shit and now its infinitely easier to charge.

13. Phatninja55

Please dont cuse here.

I removed my post about taking the phone apart.

14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

With anything that goes on with these forums.....Anything YOU decide to do with YOUR phone is ultimately YOUR responsibility.

Nobody wants to see devices bricked or damaged, but be diligent about making sure anything you do is the correct thing before you try it.

That last bit goes for the internet in general.

15. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Why are we still talking about this? No one would blame him, everyone just seems to be joking about it. Anyone that doesn't something wrong to their phone is responsible for it themselves, common sense.

Just a good laugh.

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

Yeah I hope my post was taken in jest. That was my intention

17. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

Wait...I wasn't supposed to take the phone apart? *looks at phone in pieces* :D

Merry Christmas all! May you get all the accessories you all desire! [​IMG]

18. untitled1

untitled1 Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to do, but it fell off before I got around to it. Was hoping maybe I'd get one for Christmas.

What are the odds that Verizon replaces the phone for me over this? If I got a shiny new DNA, I'd immediately buy the wireless charger and hopefully never open that darned cover again.

19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Yeah the wireless charger solves this annoying issue for me. I definitely recommend one.

20. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast

The wireless charger seems to charge more slowly.

I wish there was an automotive wireless charger, if that was the case I would be very happy to not open that little door. My pickup is essentially my office and that would be awesome. I tried using the Nokia wireless pad in my truck, but the phone vibrated off too easily, that and having it on the armrest sucked.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews