• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SU root rename update.zip stock recovery

damulta

Jul 24, 2011
I fixed my root on 2.3.4 on my ascend with the beta 3.0 su download from adroidsu.com.

Can I root my 910 indulge bu renaming this file update.zip and plasing it in the root of the sd card using the stock recovery program pwr button - r key from keyboard.

really dont want too brick this phone while at work today haha.

Why not just use the All-in-One rooting zip file that was created just for that purpose. It's safer. It's been tested. And it's customized to work just for this phone.
You can find it in the All Things Root Subsection.
It gives you root access, and ClockworkMod Recovery.

hey,tiede do you know if there is gonna be more developing for this phone because lately its been dead for a while and i dont see konane or silvist posting alot anymore.
:(

Upvote 0
That my friend, is a question I cannot honestly ensure.
I do know however a newer version of Exodus is Imminent. I believe it's gonna be Exodus 1.0 (T3XAN and Silvist's rom). Yeah, they're gonna skip 0.7+ and skip straight to a 1.0. (At least that's the plan).

If you want to know more, I suggest asking them directly.
Although they may not be around here a lot every day, they can be found in the #indulge channel over at fossnet. Ask them there for their future plans.
Just click here for the IRC channel and pick a nickname. Preferably, choose your AF nickname, so it's easier to see who it is we're talking to...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones