• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps suggestion for the Call Log

Here is another suggestion for a call Log app.
I get about 10 calls a day from my wife and a whole bunch of calls from my kids.
It would be nice if there was an app that would display only the last call from that person in the call Log. and once you click on Details, it would show all the details of that call such as the times and dates that calls were made to or initiated from that individual.
This way the user does not have to scroll for ever through the Log to get to the other calls.
It would also be nice to have the delete option to delete that entry which represents all calls related to that individual.

Upvote 0
I think you're saying that you'd like the 1st call log screen to show only unique names (no duplicates), sorted by last call time. Sorta like a Contacts list, but only contacts that you've actually been in touch with, and sorted by last contact date. Then if you click an entry, the complete call history with only that user. Then click one of those, and get the details of that one particular call (I guess that's just time/date/length).

Upvote 0
I think you're saying that you'd like the 1st call log screen to show only unique names (no duplicates), sorted by last call time. Sorta like a Contacts list, but only contacts that you've actually been in touch with, and sorted by last contact date. Then if you click an entry, the complete call history with only that user. Then click one of those, and get the details of that one particular call (I guess that's just time/date/length).
No Duplicates. Each entry would represent all the calls made to and from that person or number and only one entry for all unknown numbers (no caller IDs), even for the numbers that are not in the contact list. No duplicates.
You would also be able to delete an entry which corresponds to all the calls to and from that person.
Now thats what I would call a Call Log app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones