1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Suncoast Credit Union?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by iTzKPanda, Dec 25, 2011.

1. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

My family banks and Suncoast Credit Union and we were thinking of switching to Sprint and I have a few questions:

-Does the discount apply to the whole family plan? or just one line?
    -Does it remove the activation fee?
    -And the best question... How much of a discount?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

If you buy the phones from WIREFLY or AMAZON,you may be able to get the activation fee waived,or, look for a coupon code on-line.

As for the discount on your monthly bill,check the sticky @ the top of the page or go to http://www.sprintsave4cu.com

From what I looked up,you should be able to get a 15% discount on your monthly bill.

You may be able to set this up over the phone w/a SPRINT CSR,but,with something of this nature,I'd suggest going to a SPRINT store to get it started. They may even be able to find a better discount for you, such as a discount linked to your job or college, or, any other organizations or memberships that you may have.

iTzKPanda likes this.
  3. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

With the upcoming changes in rules, I'm not sure if the secondary lines will see a discount. Sprint is changing their billing policies, to put the actual cost of the secondary lines onto those lines directly (instead of the first line having a monthly cost that covers both the first and second lines). As a result, only the first line will see any discount, and all secondary lines will pay full price.

Now, whether or not that applies to credit union discounts, I don't know. If you sign up with a CU discount, please let us know how you're billed.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Yeah,I saw that same "hidden" internal document @ http://www.sprintfeed.com

I'd definitely bring this up when inquiring about a family/friends plan @ your local SPRINT store.

From what I've read,this affects all SPRINT accounts,not just new accounts.
    Definitely not what anyone wants to hear,let's just hope that the unlimited data doesn't disappear as well.

5. For being a credit union member, you would receive a 10% discount. It would be applied to the base price plan (example: $129.99 everything data share 1500 plan- you'd save $12.99). Your activation fees would be waived if you purchase phones through Sprint (can't speak to whether the fees would be waived if you go through a third party). If you have more than 2 lines, the charges for those lines wouldn't be discounted- nor would any additional features (premium data, etc).

Hope this helps!

6. MarkWoods

MarkWoods Newbie

You would get the 10% discount on the base plan. Not on additional lines or services. You do get your activation fees automatically waived.