• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Support Can't view embedded images in email.

heisoktoday

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Hi,

I am new here. I have not even been lurking using the forum without registering; so also not experienced with the Forum culture which varies site to site. Thank you very much for any help in advance. It dawned on me just now, that if this was a widespread issue, there would be far more threads. Maybe a setup issue, or easy work around.

This does not seem to be a device specific question, as it effects my HTC G2, Tranformer Prime, and apparantly other devices posting the same question in there respective device forums.

When viewing embeded pictures in the messages they show up as a little blue box with a question mark. I would like to see the pictures automatically in the message body as the sender always includes a text comment under each photo . Using both Gmail, and Yahoo Mail through the devices email program, and downloaded yahoo email application. It displays inside the message automatically on my wifes other proprietary operating system device.

Is this possible? one of the other device specific threads is referenced below, but I can not put a complete link in.

androidforums com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/333454-cant-view-embedded-images-email-please-help.html

Thank you, Denis

Hi Denis, and welcome!

I have not even been lurking using the forum without registering; so also not experienced with the Forum culture which varies site to site.

You'll find that Android Forums is a pretty laid-back place. :)

When viewing embeded pictures in the messages they show up as a little blue box with a question mark. I would like to see the pictures automatically in the message body as the sender always includes a text comment under each photo

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to offer much useful advice as I use Gmail solely, and have no experience with the Android email app. With the app open though, check in Menu/Settings for something like "View images inline" or similar.

Hopefully somebody else will be along soon to offer you more detailed assistance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones