• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Josexy111

Lurker
Jul 30, 2023
Hi guys, I'm really not very tech savvy, and would just like some peace of mind regarding a notification I have on my phone EVERY DAY.
"Contacts imported successfully" but I'm not importing any contacts and can't work out why the constant notifications.
Am I just paranoid or is this irregular?
Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated

what phone do you have? have you rebooted your phone? try wiping cache for contacts and see if that helps.

if your paranoia, is telling you that you are hacked, then yes you are just being paranoid. this is happening not because the phone is hacked. is it unusual? yes
I have actually gone beyond rebooting and clearing cache- I have factory reset for fear of not so much hacking but stalking/monitoring (psycho ex) , yet still the notifications come.
It's a ZTE 5001T

Upvote 0
I have actually gone beyond rebooting and clearing cache- I have factory reset for fear of not so much hacking but stalking/monitoring (psycho ex) , yet still the notifications come.
It's a ZTE 5001T
you need an app for anybody to monitor your phone. someone would need physical access to your phone. i would setup google 2-step verification if you have not already. are you using google contacts? or the one that comes with zte?

Upvote 0
Well my peace of mind was short lived, and I apologise for being a nuisance, but it dawned on me that I don't get this notification on my other phone (Oppo). Nor have I ever seen it on my many previous phones, many of which have been ZTE due to affordability and the frequency of requiring phone replacement (psycho ex again before becoming ex) all of which incorporating same Google accounts.
I'm still puzzled and uneasy. I don't know how to eliminate google contacts, as I've generally use it for the benefit of not losing contacts that I used to lose if stored on phone or sim

Upvote 0
So further investigation had me look more closely at the launcher and I found the launcher was given many more permissions than it rightfully required, so I denied all of the storage, call, contacts and SMS related permissions. Since then, my phone is still functioning fine, no more "contacts imported successfully" notifications....but twice I've had a popup saying "launcher requests permission to call logs, contacts and SMS"...
Seems that may have been the culprit. Still kinda strange but I feel like the problem is solved.

Upvote 0
It's version V8.2.0.8.0295.0
As far as I can tell it's the one that comes pre installed on the phone.
I can't even recall now why it caught my attention, but it continues to randomly ask for permissions- call logs, contacts and sms- which I deny and still no notification saying contacts imported successfully and phone functions don't seem to affected

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones