• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Switch between ROMs?

TXSooner

Mar 26, 2010
I did a search and couldn't find exactly what Im looking for. If there is a thread out there with this info, please let me know so we can remove this thread.

I rooted my Incredible yesterday after a couple months of contemplating it (I know :D) And I think I want to try Virtuous ROM. So say I go to Virtuous, but end up wanting to go back to how I have it now (stock, root, froyo). Is that going to be hard? Is that what the nandroid backup is for? Say I go to Virtuous, then decide I wanna try Cyanogen. Do I just flash the new one after doing a Nandroid, then if I dont like Cyanogen I can just open the backup and bam it's back to Virtuous?

Nub questions I know, but Im skerred. :)

Last night I installed the rotary lockscreen from Virtuous on my stock rooted rom and I really like it. If I decide I dont like it, how hard is it to change something as small as an addon, rather than the whole ROM?

Sorry for the longwinded post.

Thanks in advance.

Get ROM Manager and do a Nandroid backup of ur current setup and the flash virtuous or any other rom u want to mess with. And if u don't dont like any of em just boot into recovery - wipe - do a restore. Thats it!! The 2 ROM with the most potential right now is the new sense by incdoes and the latest nightly from cyanogen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones