• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switching home screens, widgets take time to load

jagot

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
I've had my Desire S since Friday, and it's been great, but it's developed an issue whereby, when I switch homescreens, I can see the top left hand corner of each widget for about a second before the rest of the widget appears. Not exactly a major issue, but it spoils the slickness a bit.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

A soft reset might solve this. Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace battery and power on phone.

Have you installed any apps that change the graphics/skin/display of your phone? It might be worth stopping or installing those to see if that makes a difference.

There maybe some other process running in the background which is using up resources and slowing things down. However, without knowing what you've installed, or that came with your phone, it's impossible to say what it/they could be.

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your reply.

Nothing installed that changes anything graphics-wise.

I removed the calendar widget (agenda view) and it seemed to stop this happening. Added it later again and it seems to work fine, so don't know if maybe the process just got out of control, but seems all good now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones