1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Switching home screens, widgets take time to load

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jagot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jagot

jagot Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    I've had my Desire S since Friday, and it's been great, but it's developed an issue whereby, when I switch homescreens, I can see the top left hand corner of each widget for about a second before the rest of the widget appears. Not exactly a major issue, but it spoils the slickness a bit.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    A soft reset might solve this. Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace battery and power on phone.

Have you installed any apps that change the graphics/skin/display of your phone? It might be worth stopping or installing those to see if that makes a difference.

There maybe some other process running in the background which is using up resources and slowing things down. However, without knowing what you've installed, or that came with your phone, it's impossible to say what it/they could be.

3. jagot

jagot Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Hi thanks for your reply.

Nothing installed that changes anything graphics-wise.

I removed the calendar widget (agenda view) and it seemed to stop this happening. Added it later again and it seems to work fine, so don't know if maybe the process just got out of control, but seems all good now.

4. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    Mine does it from time to time if I've not rebooted for a few days. Dunno if it's the memory getting fat but a reboot fixes it for me.

Tags: