• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching to DX. What phone do you currently use?

Anyone remember this piece of shit?

photos-of-the-beautiful-looking-samsung-glyde-for-verizon.jpg

Have it for 3 years now including one time Verizon replaced it with a refurbished one. I didnt even want a refurb, I wanted one of those free cheap flip phones... wouldve been WAAAAAAAAAAY Better.

The verizon folks at my local store laughed sadly to me that I have that phone.

Yep. I'm on my 4th. I'm so tired of dialing wrong numbers and accidentally texting the wrong people cause of the faulty touch screen. I don't care how good a phone samsung can make now, I would never get one after the hell I've been through the past 3 years.
I'm debating smashing it to pieces as soon as I get my new X.

Upvote 0
Hello, My name is Paul. I'm here because i'm addicted to Android Devices and I need a fix STAT! Thursday seems so far away. Here's my usage history/nightmare

Old LG Flip phone (Pretty sure Moses used the same one) -----> LG Chocolate (Used for about a year and a half. Hated it) -------> BB Pearl (2 months of use) -----> BB Storm 9530 (1 year of use between 4 different devices. I won't bore you with the details and i'm sure any Storm owner understands the frustration. lol) ----> BB Storm 2 9550 (Much better upgrade but still not perfect)

-----> HTC Incredible (1st Android device. BAM! Hooked! Absolutely loved it especially comparing it to the Blackberry UI and OS. Had it for 26 days until I learned of the Droid X!! It was game over after that. I returned my Incredible and pre-ordered my X and I am currently using my old BB Storm 9530. To say I am going through Droid withdrawls would be an understatement. I hate this phone and Thursday cannot get here soon enough..... We need a Rehab Thread for those waiting and suffering with an older phone we all hate. Any takers? lol.

I went from nextel push to talk > LG Chocolate > BB Storm 9530 > Droid Inc (Sold ebay after 2 months) > BB Storm 9530 (Till Droid X) > Droid X (7/15/10)

Upvote 0
(had to register just to post in this :))
I'm also switching from an Envy 3. Absolutely despise that phone. I was actually going to go with Iphone and switch off of Verizon, but after researching the Incredible and the X, and some convincing from the Verizon reps at the store, I realized that Android > All. :D

Main reason I was looking into an Iphone was the ease of Itunes for syncing media but that's easily remedied for Droids. I love the openness of Android and hell I might even get into rooting my phone or w/e you guys term it, as I had much fun messing with my old PSP. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The 8300 is a great phone. I had one before I got my LG Dare and my brother in law STILL has one. He is still using the stock battery that it came with. You can't kill those things, just upgrade...LOL
I had that phone a few phones back. My husband used it after me and just switched to another phone in Jan. That was the best non smartphone I ever owned.

Upvote 0
Storm 2, and def tired of its lack of funness, bb app world is a joke for the rest of the time and effort that goes into their buisness apps you figure they would want to keep around the people who would want more than just a slow internet connection on their phone.

I have a BB Storm 2 too and can't wait to get rid of it and get the Droid X. I played with the live demo unit and even on 3g the browser loaded fast. On the Storm 2 the browser takes forever to load on 3g and sometimes just plain won't load. And yes the apps on BB World are lamo. Because the phone will be my personal phone I want some fun apps!

Upvote 0
I'm switching from the BB Storm (9530) to the Droid X. Can't wait. I have had my Storm since day 1 of its release. It has been a pretty good phone. It was my first smart phone. As many people know, its been plagued with issues- the most annoying to me is the fact that it doesn't register touches/clicks when it gets hot ( You can imagine that becomes quite a problem living in Texas Heat).

I'm very excited to get in on the action of Android OS. I thought it was funny that my local VZW store rep mentioned taht the Droid X launch is expected to be the biggest VZW launch since the BB Storm.

-duke

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones