• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype Dictionary doesn't remember

Dizzee

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
Hi I have a galaxy s2
I use swype latest version I think 3.8.86
I cannot add words...
or more accurately it adds words but doesn't remember them.. when I try to enter the same word again.

also how to remove preinstalled words?

any idea why?

thank you

The new version doesn't add them auto you have to press on do you want to add this word which appears above keyboard when you write a word that isn't in the dictionary. I suppose to save all the typoes getting saved when you pressed space. As for deleting words, you used to type it then select it and remove, but that doesn't seem to work on this version.

Reactions: Dizzee
Upvote 0
Thanks

doh.. I have seen that line over and over again and assumed it meant it was Adding the word to dictionary...

ok that is that sorted...

give you an example of a word I would like to delete.
I visit a place called Romford (Essex, UK)... my galaxy s2 predicts Rumford... I never heard of Rumford until the phone said it!

How do I delete Rumford from the phones memory... I do not believe it is in the user dictionary...

(this is not so essential now as I can add words... but would be just nice to know)
Thanks

Upvote 0
well in that case, if u add the word u want.. Romford, for example... when u swype it, if u swipe a bit carefully and clearly swipe over the O, doesnt it get Romford as default?

even swype beta, which im using.. allows u to view ur personal dictionary, and add/delete words, but i guess ur right, u cant delete words from its default dictionary.. i didnt realize that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones