• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype dictionary?

I've been looking around for a more expansive Swype dictionary.

Swype recently attempted to auto-update, and then locked up during the auto-update, which then reset my user word dictionary.

It would be real nice, if there was an expansive dictionary you could add to the program. I've been having to re-add simple every day words like "I'm" and "don't" etc.

I don't mind doing this once, but I'd be pretty pissed if I had to do it again.

Any pointers and/or help?

@zanthal: don't have an answer for you, sorry, but I was wondering about the lockup you mentioned when Swype updated. Did it stall at that "verifying file" stage? That's what happened to me (and others apparently going back well over a year, from the Google search I did). I finally had to power cycle my phone, then did a reinstall to get the license renewed. I can't tell if the dictionary was wiped yet, but I assumed it was.

Upvote 0
@zanthal: don't have an answer for you, sorry, but I was wondering about the lockup you mentioned when Swype updated. Did it stall at that "verifying file" stage? That's what happened to me (and others apparently going back well over a year, from the Google search I did). I finally had to power cycle my phone, then did a reinstall to get the license renewed. I can't tell if the dictionary was wiped yet, but I assumed it was.

Mine took a while. I toggled wifi off then on, and just let it sit and wait. Eventually, it finished. My dictionary of saved words stayed in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones