• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype like app

There is a shapewriter as well but they took it off the market. i can't remember why. I was lucky enough to get it before it disappeared and love it. I also signed up for the swype beta but don't have much hope of them opening it up again as I believe they are targeting the OEM market rather than the consumer market. I haven't heard much about slide it but believe it's similar.

Upvote 0
I used slideit on my Evo and thought it was pretty good, my only complaints were that there were no arrow keys and to get to all the secondary stuff (ie. !-?'_") you had to hit a button instead of just being able to long press the key and it pop up with all the alternant stuff. I also used swype on my friends Captivate and my only complaint about it was that if you wanted to type instead of swype it was hard and I didn't really like the auto correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones