• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sync apk for contacts from facebook

Candroid

Dec 15, 2009
Detroit, MI
Does anybody know what system apk is responsible for syncing and updating contacts profile pictures and statuses from facebook.

I am 2.2 rooted, bloatware removed and I removed a couple others my self. But don't know what apk to re-install so my contacts automatically update. I used syncmypix but I am not a fan of it. I have downloaded both system apps zip files. I just don't know what I am looking for. Please help. Thanks!

Does anybody know what system apk is responsible for syncing and updating contacts profile pictures and statuses from facebook.

I am 2.2 rooted, bloatware removed and I removed a couple others my self. But don't know what apk to re-install so my contacts automatically update. I used syncmypix but I am not a fan of it. I have downloaded both system apps zip files. I just don't know what I am looking for. Please help. Thanks!

Yeah I would also like to know which .apk it is.

However, once you have the .apk you need, how do you reinstall it so it works? I tried copying (the blur messaging .apk since I feel it looks better than stock android) the .apk to SD then using an app installer, that didn't work, then I tried copying the .apk to system/app and that didn't work as well. Rebooted after each time to no avail, so how would you install it once you have the right .apk?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones