• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync birthdays from my phone contacts details with phone calender.

vazzdoin

Lurker
Oct 11, 2010
Hi ,
i am using HTC desire(Android) and i am pretty much happy with the performance. The issue i wanna discuss here is that my phone does not sync the birthdays from my phone contact details to the calender, as it was availabe in my previous phone HTC Touch diamond, i used to feed the birthday details along with the contact and it syncs those birthdays with the calender when i used to sync it manually with the help of computer. But no such option is availabe in Android.
please don't reply with the 'synching birthday contact and events' from google calender. I've seen loads of forums on that , but that ain't related to my problem. i want synchronization of my phone contact's birthday details to the phone calender. Kindly Help
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Yeah, it's daft isnt it? Android apparently does not sync birthdays from Google (but I think (never used it myself) that HTC's Facebook integration does something to that effect).

I've been meaning to write an app not completely unlike HappyDays, but there's just no point if it doesn't ---can't!--- sync with the existing address book! There are, however, a number of similar birthday-tracking apps where you need to enter everything manually into the app (no address book/calendar integration).

icon2.gif
What I do is, I've enabled the "Auto Birthdays" calendar, and sync that to my phone ... but even that is a poor solution, because the calendar entries only show birthdays (not anniversaries), do not show the person's age (only the name and day), and do not provide a direct link to the actual contact.

You'd think that Android would have been built with the last decade of PDA experience in mind, but nooo... :(

Reactions: siciliano73
Upvote 0
Try this works a treat (if you sync contacts with google)

Log into your Google calendar via a PC (ie not your phones version of the calendar) and add a calender. Select browse interesting calendars and then select the more tab. Then subscribe to Contacts Birthdays and events.

It's a little pathetic that you have to do it this way, google should really get the contacts and calendar talking to each other in a better way.

Will

Upvote 0
Well i installed eboBirthday and it retrieved the birthdays from my phonebook too.. but now how to synchronize that birthday list with my Calender on phone.. ?? i used the eboBirthday plugin for this but it was trying to connect and fetch with google,it conected but unable to fetch anything coz there r no birthday's in my google calender, what the Crap. I need to synchronize the birthdays to my phone calender from my phonebook and not from google. What a jinx code !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones