1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General sync fb friends

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elcameano, Sep 15, 2011.

1. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Male
    Not all my fb friends are sync with their contant info and can't Figure out to get them to. My erirs i could manually do its.....

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    1. Pick the contact that will be the default contact (not the FB contact, as you may get a message that FB contacts are not editable) and long press, select edit - or open contact
    2. Menu softkey --> edit contact (not necessary if you long pressed in previous step)
    3. Menu softkey --> Join
    4. Pick the related contact - if there is enough common info, then it will show the relevant contact(s) in a list at the top - if not, search for them manually by pressing show all contacts)
    5. Save

HTH

BTW, did you use just the blur interface for loading FB, or did you install FB app from market?

elcameano likes this.
  3. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Male

Thanks!! That was easy! I should have messed with it more before I asked. I installed the FB app from the market. Is the other way better?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I am not 100% sure, but I *think* the FB integration that comes with BLUR also allows you to sync your contacts. When I restored to factory defaults, I didn't use hte FB app, and my contacts were still synced.

5. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

Mine only partially synched and i had to uninstall the app and the "blur" account to fix it.

6. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Look into the app FB PhotoSync. It's an awesome app and well worth the $0.99 donation IMO. Makes things super easy!

I like it better than SyncMyPix because I often have my contacts on my phone named something different than the person's FB name. SyncMyPix tries to match up names which doesn't work much in my case.

FB PhotoSync let's you find the matches on your own which makes it much better for me.

I know maybe there is an easier way built into the phone already, but it's just a suggestion. Good luck!

7. LuckyDevs

LuckyDevs Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    Hello guys!
    We created account here to reply this.

Thank you for these beautiful words! It make us smile and encourage us to work more. We think that 0,99$ is not a big price for improvements and time-savers like FB PhotoSync.

Also remember that we always support you and your problems. So, if you have any questions, please visit our site. We can't write a link cause anti-spam blocks it but take our name - luckydevs and add .com/en/support :)

Greetings!
    We love ya!