• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync for Mac

@ Diane63, Deke Rivers -

Hi there:) My name is Alex and I'm from Eltima, we are the developers of SyncMate.

Yes, in order to sync your Mac and Android you need to install SyncMate on Mac and install SyncMate client app on your Android device.

Diane, nice to hear you like SyncMate:) if any questions about it - please, feel free to contact our Support team at support@eltima.com - they will assist and provide you detailed information about SyncMate.

Or you can visit Mac & Android sync How To page and SyncMate user guide for adiitional information.

Upvote 0
Alex,, I downloaded Synchmate hoping it could copy all the Vibrants file to my Mac...a full back-up including the oS and all operating files. From what I found, it only works with media files and does not backup/restore all the system files too.
I asked for a refund a day later and the billing service is saying it's not possible.
NOT a good way to do business.
Maybe I didn't study the product enough before buying it.
I found out don't need it since I can drag and drop all the files into my Mac using the regular USB connection.
Sorry, but it didn't do what I needed and what I thought it was capable of.

Upvote 0
@ drshame -

Hi, thanks for commenting, nice to meet you.

We never said at our website that SyncMate can work with operating or system files. Detailed information about sync options it offers for each device is shown here SyncMate - Mac synchronization: sync Mac Windows Mobile, sync Mac Nokia, sync several Macs, sync PC, sync Mac Sony PSP | Backup Mac online, Google sync
As you can see, there is no any mentioning of system files sync.

SyncMate does exactly what is said on our website. Moreover, you could have check the list of sync options for Android in Free edition (it shows you the full list of sync options, but Expert options are locked in Free edition).

We refund only in case if software doesn't offer or support features described at our website. You can find more details about our Refund Policy here Return Policy | Documentation

If you have additional questions, you can contact me directly at alex.taylor at eltima.com, I will do my best to assist.

Upvote 0
Alex, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.I bought the expert edition of sync mate and used it to transfer a couuple of mp3albums via wifi. It took a very long time to transfer, at least compared to what I am used to with iPod/iTunes. I was wondering if this is normal? I am planning on using sync mate to bring about 20 gigs of music onto my android and I'm wondering if it will be feasible to do this.

Upvote 0
@ sunsetandgower -

Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes, when synicng big volumes of data wirelessly, the sync speed may be lower comparing to syncing via USB cable. So, we advise you to sync big volumes of data via USB cable. Moreover, you can mount your Android in a USB drive mode and it will be detected as a USB drive in SyncMate - in such case sync speed will be even higher (you will need to choose "Mount SD card" in Android device and your Android will be detected as a USB drive in SyncMate).

P.S.: If there are any questions, please, feel free to contact me directly at alex.taylor @ eltima.com (remove spaces before and after @) - this will be faster:) Or you can contact our Support team at support @ eltima.com

Upvote 0
The product does not connect with the Motorola Atrix. I have communicated with the syncmate people about this issue many times and they have assured me that they were working on a fix. After months of problems, I requested a refund and they declined to offer a working product or a refund. SYNCMATE IS A TOTAL RIP-OFF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones