• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync protocol error

jphipps

Lurker
May 17, 2011
Has anyone found an answer to this? I have a dozen EVO's in the office here and just about every phone has had this issue. I have noticed that it normally occurs when that user travels and comes back in town.

I have done all of the normal things like, remove ATK, setup the EAS before the google account, use the Exchange mobile admin tool and remove the account from the phone and put it back on. I have some phones that do not and have never installed Advanced Task Killer and still have this issue. This is getting ridiculous that they cannot find a solution to this issue.

I had one user that was out of town and he had this happen two time in less than an hour, each time he deleted his account and put it back on. He said that when he opened his mail to check it he would see all of his last messages and then see the new messages come in to his phone then they would just disappear and show him the sync protocol error and remove all of the new messages.

Thanks

I have the same issue. I had read that there is a "known" issue between Microsoft Exchange and Google Android (go figure) that MS is not in any rush to deal with. I have tried all you have as well as using alternate email apps, still with the same problem. Getting to the point that I may give up and go back to an iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones