• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing & Unsyncing: removing Stocks, pushing gmail, etc.

Bic101

Apr 25, 2010
Two questions:

(1) From Settings>Accounts & sync --- how do I remove Stocks, News, Weather from syncing?

(2) Why won't Gmail push emails? I have to go into Gmail and hit refresh to get any emails? When I'm in Settings>Accounts&sync it doesn't allow me to set any frequency of syncing.

It's ironic that I have to choose a frequency of syncing for Stocks, Weather, which I don't use, but can't set frequency for Gmail.

Any suggestions? I have an Evo, 2.2, have "background data" checked but not "Auto-sync"

1) When you're in Accounts & sync, you'll see a green sync icon next to each item that which is enabled to sync. The ones that aren't enabled are grayed out. Tap on the ones you want to disable (if enabled) and each one will have a checkbox to enable or disable it.

2) Gmail doesn't have a frequency because it should be instant (push email). As long asyou have background data on (seems debatable) and you have auto-sync enabled, with gmail set to sync, it should be automatic. Are you saying you do not have auto-sync on? Enable that if not. If you're still not getting push mail, there are other things you can try. Have you ever gotten push mails or did it never work? Go to manage applications and clear data for gmail, then try. If that doesn't work, uninstall the latest gmail update, and redownload and install it.

Reactions: Bic101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones