1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System ROM Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by AgentCPU0, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AgentCPU0

AgentCPU0 Member

My tablet is currently running 4.4, and I did some research regarding a possible upgrade. I ended up finding out my hardware specs meet the requirements to upgrade to 5.1. But I can't figure out where I need to go to actually download the ROM, or even how to install it, for that matter. Does anyone happen to know where I can find either of them?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If you go to System Update if no update shown up mean theirs no way of updating to os v5.1 unless ypu upgrade to Cyanogenmod OS

3. AgentCPU0

AgentCPU0 Member

The devs of my device said they won't send out the update, but also said that I am allowed to update if I can find the OS. So if Cyanogenmod is my only option, where can I find it?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

See your devic model

5. AgentCPU0

AgentCPU0 Member

It's a DigiLand DL1010Q, which I know isn't a very well supported device. But the fact that it actually meets the requirements for 5.1 surprised me.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yea but if no CM12.1 isnt available your stuck with the same os

7. AgentCPU0

AgentCPU0 Member

I'm not sure what you mean.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Basically if you don't see your device listed here, Cyanogen hasn't got anything for it.
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/
    So you're either stuck with the manufacturer ROM, or see if you can find some other custom ROM for it. Can you read Chinese? Or even try and build a custom ROM for it yourself.

Good luck!

#8 mikedt, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016