• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile 12 Month Upgrade

Ngo93

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2010
plus.google.com
T-Mobile Partial Upgrade Pricing Discount Goes Live Tomorrow | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more
So according to this article, after 12 months I should be able to receive a full discount on smartphones. But I've asked a few T-Mobile employees and they keep telling me that that's not true and I need to wait out my 2 years. But also, when I bought my smartphone 1 year ago, the employee there did tell me that I only needed to wait only 1 year. So can anyone confirm if this 12 month upgrade is true or not?

This is one place where T-Mo sticks it to ya.

Keep in mind, they pay FULL price for the phones and to sell them at such a steep discount, they are LOSING money. They get that revenue back by locking you down to a 3 year contract. Not allowing you to upgrade for 2 years is a way for them to keep the revenue line higher than it would be for every 1 year upgrades.

AT&T and most other carriers can do the 1 year upgrades because they have MUCH deeper pockets that T-Mo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones