1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

T-Mobile 12 Month Upgrade

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by Ngo93, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast
    None

T-Mobile Partial Upgrade Pricing Discount Goes Live Tomorrow | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more
    So according to this article, after 12 months I should be able to receive a full discount on smartphones. But I've asked a few T-Mobile employees and they keep telling me that that's not true and I need to wait out my 2 years. But also, when I bought my smartphone 1 year ago, the employee there did tell me that I only needed to wait only 1 year. So can anyone confirm if this 12 month upgrade is true or not?

Advertisement

2. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    That's a promotion that T-Mobile runs every now and then. Not sure if it's going on at the moment, but I'm assuming it is safe to say "no", if that's what you are getting from the reps.

3. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dang.. can't believe I'm gonna be stuck with this mytouch for another year T.T
    I think if I buy the phone with them telling me I can upgrade within a year it should still be true the year later..

4. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2010
    Microsoft Corp. - Sr. Systems Engineer
    Seattle, WA
    This is one place where T-Mo sticks it to ya.

Keep in mind, they pay FULL price for the phones and to sell them at such a steep discount, they are LOSING money. They get that revenue back by locking you down to a 3 year contract. Not allowing you to upgrade for 2 years is a way for them to keep the revenue line higher than it would be for every 1 year upgrades.

AT&T and most other carriers can do the 1 year upgrades because they have MUCH deeper pockets that T-Mo.

5. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast
    None

Yeah that's true.. Granted, if I argued enough I could probably get upgraded though don't you think? I've read many stories about how people just argue their way through T-Mobile to get what they want lol

6. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Why do you think their JD Power scores are so high year after year?