• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T-Mobile as "Contact Type"

I've never posted on here and only signed up cause I think I figured out a work around for this.

Here's what I did:
Contacts
Menu
View
CHECK T-Mobile ONLY. Uncheck all others.
Done

Menu
Import/Export
Export to SD card
Select T-Mobile
OK

Menu
View
Check GOOGLE ONLY. Uncheck all others
Done

Menu
Import/Export
Import frome SD Card

This appears to have pushed the tmobile contacts into my google contacts. The next time my google contacts sync'd, they showed up on my pc.

I haven't had the guts yet to just delete the t-mobile contacts, but I will shortly.

This doesn't change the default, but at least it's an easy way to move them all over. In Accounts and Sync, I plan to delete the tmobile account and see if it lets me.

Upvote 0
I just noticed, if I enter a new contact through MT4g, it goes to the Contact Type as T-mobile instead of my Gmail account. It is the default account for Contact type. Now that just piss me off. I don't want to sycn another contact list. Does anybody know how to get rid of the Tmobile Contact Type? Or how to set my google account as the default contact account?
Ok. Its 6 years since you asked. I have the same problem. Still can't change the default contact type - on my phone its Device, but when you add a contact on the phone, there is a drop down where you can pick the account. I have Device, SIM, and a few google accounts. If I choose one of the google accounts it works.

Its a damn shame that all these idiots hijacked this informational thread for political comment rather than just staying on point and answering your question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones