• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Free Wi-Fi Tether on T-Mobile HTC One?

Mark112887

Jun 14, 2012
I'm happy to say that I recently got my HTC One and I've been looking to see if there is any methods to get free Wi-Fi tethering. I've done a little bit of looking and I have seen some methods that worked on 4.1.2 or 4.2 but nothing that works on 4.3. I was just curious if anyone has been able to find a working method for 4.3.

I did notice that on the phone I do not see the T-Mobile hotspot application on the HTC like I used to see on my previous phones.

Does anybody know if that means that I have unrestricted access to the stock tethering application that is on the phone? I assume that T-Mobile can still track my data usage but it would be nice if I was wrong.

Anyway if anyone would be able to shed some light on this subject that would be awesome f\or if anyone knows of a way that I can get free Wi-Fi tethering on android 4.3 on my one that would be amazing.

I appreciate any help or advice
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones