• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] lost photos

I was recently using the vault app to hide photos, one day by accident I deleted the app and my photos were lost too,I try installing it to try to get my photos back bit no luck, anyone know how I can get them back?

if they were in your sd card then you can use sd-card recovery software on your computer.
If they were on your internal sd card i would try looking for a folder called vault and checking if pics are in there, and if not try reinstalling the app.

Upvote 0
I was recently using the vault app to hide photos, one day by accident I deleted the app and my photos were lost too,I try installing it to try to get my photos back bit no luck, anyone know how I can get them back?

Not long ago, I was doing something and the phone rebooted. I lost about 300 pictures and they were all on my SD Card and any of the "Recovery" apps I tried found NOTHING recoverable. I tried an app I found out about from the Market called "Fish Bowl". It said it recovered 260 pictures but there were over 325 pictures it found and many were ones that I intentionally deleted so it really worked well for me. Hope it helps you too. BTW if you add anything to the phone where the pictures were, It will "step" over those deleted pictures and will be forever unable to be recovered, so be careful where you add anything new till your recovery is completed.

Aloha 'n Good Luck!

Upvote 0
yes when you "delete" something on a device or computer...You're only telling the software and OS to not show it, the physical item is still stored on the physical drive, UNTIL something else (like another picture) is written on the same physical spot on the drive.
if you factory reset a phone, the old info is still physically on the device until it's written over by new data.
Just because Android, or windows moved it to the recylcle bin and deleted it, doesn't mean it's physically gone from the drive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones