• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet can't see apps that my HTC Desire can?

spooky_b329

Apr 16, 2010
I have a two year old Desire. Instead of upgrading, I treated myself to a budget Android tablet running ICS 4.0

I have the paid version of Shazam on my phone, and its visible in the Play store, but on the tablet it only brings up a couple of related add-on apps by other developers, and not the Shazam app itself.

Is the Play store clever enough to filter out stuff that won't work on tablets/various versions of Android? I tried to install an app on the Desire and it popped up a warning saying it was not compatible with my version of Android, so I had assumed the same would happen on the tablet.

Any tips?

Its a Sumvision Cyclone Astro tablet if it makes any difference, the phone is a stock HTC Desire running Android 2.2.2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones