1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tactile Feedback for Phone Keypad

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by warrentotheg, Nov 14, 2009.

1. warrentotheg

warrentotheg New Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I turned off haptic feedback, but when I dial a number it vibrates with every keypress. This is NOT the keyboard, but the numeric onscreen keypad when making a call. How do I turn this off? Super annoying, makes the phone lag when dialing fast. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. pleonard2000

pleonard2000 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Same issue for me.
    Anyone know a solution?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Strange, I never noticed it until you two just mentioned it. I searched around the phone, and there does not seem to be any option to turn it off specifically for the dialer.

4. andres76

andres76 New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I find it very annoying too. No so much the vibration but especially not being able to dial fast. I don't think there is a way to turn it off. However, if you turn off the touch tones you will notice that although it vibrates, there's not delay in the dialing. Go to Settings>Sound & Display>Audible touch tones and set it to "off". It seems to work for me (Droid Incredible). If there's a way to turn the vibration off please let me know.

5. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Male
    I Fix Flux Capacitors
    City That Never Sleeps!
    Same issue here seems to be a software glitch was driving me nuts hopefully it will be addressed in 2.2 im on the Evo though.