• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tag in Media Gallery

What could we do with the tag function in Media Gallery? And I see there is an option of 'Tag with Contact' in the Setting menu.
What's that?

It's a on/off switcher for 'tag with contact' function in MediaGallery. Once it checked, your contact name will show in suggestion(auto-complete) list while you are typing in 'tag' input field of Media Gallery. this functionality is not available if this option is unchecked.

Is this function name hard to be understood?

Upvote 0
It's a on/off switcher for 'tag with contact' function in MediaGallery. Once it checked, your contact name will show in suggestion(auto-complete) list while you are typing in 'tag' input field of Media Gallery. this functionality is not available if this option is unchecked.

Is this function name hard to be understood?

The suggestion has autocomplete function which remember your previous inputed tags. I believe the tag function is to organise your pictures/images in media gallery

Should you took a picture upon your friend by cinema, you could simply use 'Tag with Contact' function. The suggestion list is drawn from your contact list then.

Finally, you could have your organized view of pictures at Media Gallery setting with the Spinner 'My Tags'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones