• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

@tagging on Facebook pages

cliffie

Oct 6, 2011
I use a sprint galaxy s9 for posting to facebook.

Until a few days ago, on my business page I could tag other pages, using @Name.

Now I can't.

Still can tag on my PC.

I tried installing the pages app, but same issue.
Then I tried FB lite. Nope.
Then I tried the mobile web version. And this is weird - I can tag individuals, but not business pages.
I tried tagging some of my others pages who have liked the page - no joy.

I posted the problem with fb.
And I searched fb community & googled - no hits.

Anyone else having this problem?

I fear it was a fb update on phone.
Wish I could disable these updates or roll back to an earlier version.

Thanks, @MoodyBlues for clarifying.
You're very welcome. :)
Still stuck where I was.

Any ideas?

Am I the only person experiencing this issue?

Sigh.
I understand your frustration, and I wish I could help. I don't do facebook, but I do have an idea.

On my devices, when something like facebook can't be uninstalled, if I go to its Play Store page it shows me the usual 'uninstall' and 'open' buttons. When I select 'uninstall' it unfortunately doesn't actually work--but it does pop up a question, 'do you want to uninstall all updates to this app and restore it to its factory setting?' *IF* it gives you the same options, this could roll it back to an earlier version. Worth a try!

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thanks for the great suggestion.

I was able to implement your idea!

And then - wait for it - Facebook won't let me open the app on my phone without updating it first.

They are rat bastards!

But it was worth a try!

Thanks again.

You're very welcome. :)

I understand your frustration, and I wish I could help. I don't do facebook, but I do have an idea.

On my devices, when something like facebook can't be uninstalled, if I go to its Play Store page it shows me the usual 'uninstall' and 'open' buttons. When I select 'uninstall' it unfortunately doesn't actually work--but it does pop up a question, 'do you want to uninstall all updates to this app and restore it to its factory setting?' *IF* it gives you the same options, this could roll it back to an earlier version. Worth a try!

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Thanks for the great suggestion.
You're welcome. :)
I was able to implement your idea!
Oh, it's sounding good!
And then - wait for it - Facebook won't let me open the app on my phone without updating it first.

They are rat bastards!
Aw, crap! They're nasty...people. :(
But it was worth a try!

Thanks again.
You're welcome. I sure wish it had worked...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones