• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Taking phone back for exchange-terrible battery

I received the Note 7 on 8/18. I ported info from an iPhone over to it, and after some use, I noticed that I needed to charge the phone 2-3 times a day just to make it through. I figured maybe I was just using it heavily so I cut down on the usage and scoured the net for all the battery saving tricks and settings. I turned off just about everything and set a black theme pack, but nothing helped. I did a factory reset 2 days ago and I haven't loaded any apps on it or made any changes. AOD is off. Without using the phone, the battery drops between 4-6% per hour. With normal usage for gaming, internet, etc., with lots of screen off time, I'm getting 8 hours of battery life. This seemed ridiculously short to me so after checking these forums, I see most people are getting 12-17 battery with heavy use and with light use they are pulling down over a day. Last night I went to bed at 2:30 at 70% battery, but woke up this morning at 8:30 with 34%. AOD is off, nothing is syncing, no cloud services are on like I saw in another battery post, and no apps have been downloaded. I'm taking the phone to T-mobile and asking for an exchange because this really sucks.
Anybody else having this issue? Sure seems like I got a dud because a factory reset phone shouldn't perform so poorly.
20160825_084440.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

• 20160825_084440.jpg
    20160825_084440.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20160825-084154.jpg
    Screenshot_20160825-084154.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I just got back from T-Mobile. They are replacing it under warranty although they are charging me a $5 fee to do so. Weird. They didn't have any in stock at the store but they have them available for shipment so they're going to overnight a new phone, refund the $920 for this phone, and I'll send this one back. They said I should get the refund before the new charge hits, but we'll see. Hopefully new phone works as expected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones