• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Taking the plunge from iPhone to Android

Finde

Jun 2, 2010
I love android and I despise the iPhone. Running Android on my iPhone has only made it worse. I'm getting my new android phone tomorrow.

What I want to know is this - is it possible to export the SMS database from the iPhone and use it with Android? It is only a database so it should be possible to copy the files into the android SMS database?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I never had an ihone and I know how locked their is, I came to android from winmo and blackberry. My best guess for transferring all your texts would be to find a backup app that is available for both OS's or maybe sms app, either of which would have to store your data online because iphones can't use SD cards. Upload the data on your iphone then try to retrieve it on your new phone, although I doubt apple would allow anything like this. By the way if you are buying an android tomorrow, why wouldn't just check out the EVO on Friday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones