• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gregg1100

Android Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2012
South Wales
Whilst trying to set up a cheapo smart watch, I occidentally turned on Talk Back.
What a pig this turned out to be to actually turn it off. I ended up actually managing to disable the app, But it has still left a pic of a hand right at top of screen, and a notification that it is turned on(not).
How do I get rid of hand and notification please ??
Thanks

Hi Gregg,

Did you disable TalkBack by going into settings->Accessability->Vision->TalkBack and then turning it off, or did you disable the service via the application manager? If you used the latter approach (and it sounds like you did) then I would recommend reverting your change and then turn it off in the settings. Disabling services can have some ugly consequences.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did turn it off in settings. It would not let me turn it off any other way. Every button, on /off switch would not do anything else apart from hearing an annoying voice repeating everything I touched. I got rid of the HAND at top of screen by turning on Palm Swipe to do a screenshot, which disabled hand as well as Talkback.

Reactions: touringhaggis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones