1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Talk Back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gregg1100, Feb 11, 2016.

1. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

Whilst trying to set up a cheapo smart watch, I occidentally turned on Talk Back.
    What a pig this turned out to be to actually turn it off. I ended up actually managing to disable the app, But it has still left a pic of a hand right at top of screen, and a notification that it is turned on(not).
    How do I get rid of hand and notification please ??
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast

Hi Gregg,

Did you disable TalkBack by going into settings->Accessability->Vision->TalkBack and then turning it off, or did you disable the service via the application manager? If you used the latter approach (and it sounds like you did) then I would recommend reverting your change and then turn it off in the settings. Disabling services can have some ugly consequences.

Regards,
    Eric.

3. gregg1100

Yes, I did turn it off in settings. It would not let me turn it off any other way. Every button, on /off switch would not do anything else apart from hearing an annoying voice repeating everything I touched. I got rid of the HAND at top of screen by turning on Palm Swipe to do a screenshot, which disabled hand as well as Talkback.

touringhaggis likes this.
  4. gregg1100

Phone seems to be working ok at the mo. I have Google+, Talk back and S voice disabled-- don't use them.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews