• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tampered Locked Error on Stock phone

lynnaeb

Lurker
Jul 28, 2015
Hello,
I have searched many forums and found problems that are very similar but in all instances, the error was usually proceeded by the user attempting some unlocking, rooting, flashing etc.
My husbands HTC One M7 has not been unlocked, rooted etc, nor any attempt at it. In fact until today it probably has not been connected to a computer in at least a year. This afternoon it simply rebooted to this error and won't do anything else.
Here is the complete error:
*** Tampered ***
*** Locked ***
*** Security Warning ***
M7_UL PVT Ship S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.61.0000
RADIO-4M.32.3218.06
OpenDSP-v35.120.274.0718
OS-7.2;. 502.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Mar 11 2015, 14:09

I can then get it to go into Hboot or Fastboot or Fastboot USB if i have it connected to the computer
Factory reset, recover etc does nothing but restart and bring to same screen.
I installed HTC sync and it does not see the device. The computer sees it enough to make the USB noise but not enough to show in My Computer

From one post i thought maybe i could just Run the RUU but i am unclear on which one to select.
Anyways, I'd truly appreciate some guidance as I've seen some really great support on these forums.

Please let me know if any additional info is needed. Thank you!!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones