• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk weirdness

A double post but one is blank. Yes I got tt2
4257559c-7211-3254.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey Pup. Got yet another one for you:

Tapatalk is now getting awfully confused over Thanks and Likes, a lot of the time the most recent posts have the totally wrong information on them and it's not until the number of posts on the page increases that the Thanks and Likes start being correct.

I'll have to look into that one. It is a recent addition to TT and I haven't seen that happen. I'll keep an eye out.

Upvote 0
Ok, now this latest issue may be Tapatalk related, or may not be.

I have Tapatalk installed on my S3 and Xoom. Both work perfectly. I very rarely connect via the Web Site. I do however have the old AF app as an emergency door.

Needed it today. Connected to the forums at 6am from the Xoom and got a message saying my account was locked out due to too many invalid attempts, but it connected anyway.

Later on this am I fire up Tapatalk on my phone, same message but no entry.

The old AF app still connects so that's something. Just wondering if Tapatalk talk does something wacky with the stored credentials sometimes because I've had this problem hit me more than once.

Upvote 0
Ok, now this latest issue may be Tapatalk related, or may not be.

I have Tapatalk installed on my S3 and Xoom. Both work perfectly. I very rarely connect via the Web Site. I do however have the old AF app as an emergency door.

Needed it today. Connected to the forums at 6am from the Xoom and got a message saying my account was locked out due to too many invalid attempts, but it connected anyway.

Later on this am I fire up Tapatalk on my phone, same message but no entry.

The old AF app still connects so that's something. Just wondering if Tapatalk talk does something wacky with the stored credentials sometimes because I've had this problem hit me more than once.

This is probably related to your recent name change. You probably had an app with your old credentials polling AF while you were away. If it did it too many times your IP may be blocked from AF. Make sure all devices have your new username and see if that clears it up.

Upvote 0
So I disconnected the accounts from both the phone and my Xoom for Tapatalk and waited an hour or so then tried to log in again. Success! On both devices.

What I don't understand is that I had done this after my name change on both devices so I know they each had my correct credentials.

Very confusing.

So you are all set and up and running. That's good. You may want to uninstall the old forum app (the AF one) and reinstall it as there were some fluky things going with it when all users were encouraged to change passwords. Sort of like it would just not let go of the old credentials.

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
I only installed it about 4 days ago and so the only thing it's ever known was my current credentials.

Very odd. I guess you just have to keep an eye on it. If it happens again, throw a thread up in Suggestion Box and Feedback. It sounds more related to AF than TT and Phases and the moderators may have more insight into what's happening under the hood to get it untangled.

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
I'm noticing a lack of notifiactions too although it is only random. I'll ask about that.

Hope you folks know, they don't necessarily let us know when they fix stuff when they release updates. If I haven't seen the bug myself I can't let you know if it has been fixed. If you notice a bug gone, please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones