• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tasker:kill pandora just restarts app

copekyle

Lurker
Mar 6, 2015
I'm very new to tasker but I'm using an exit task to kill pandora when I lose connection with bluetooth. I watch it and it does kill pandora but pandora just restarts itself. It's acting like it's recovering from a crash. Can anyone tell me have to actually kill pandora?

Hi @copekyle, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I went ahead and moved your question into the Tasker subforum to get the best help available. :D

What device and Android version are you using - and is the device rooted? I ask because that can have a bit to do with how apps behave and how Tasker can control them. As you've noticed, some apps that run with a backgrounded service component can automatically resume if you just tell the foreground app to exit. So we've got to figure out the best way to kill that background service as well.

If you're rooted, you can try the TaskKill plugin for Tasker, which provides varying degrees of "severity" for terminating apps. The Secure Settings plugin can also offer some additional options. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
Hi @copekyle, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I went ahead and moved your question into the Tasker subforum to get the best help available. :D

What device and Android version are you using - and is the device rooted? I ask because that can have a bit to do with how apps behave and how Tasker can control them. As you've noticed, some apps that run with a backgrounded service component can automatically resume if you just tell the foreground app to exit. So we've got to figure out the best way to kill that background service as well.

If you're rooted, you can try the TaskKill plugin for Tasker, which provides varying degrees of "severity" for terminating apps. The Secure Settings plugin can also offer some additional options. :thumbsupdroid:

Thanks for putting me in the right forum. I'm am rooted. I'm using tasker 4.6 u 3 and trying to kill Pandora 5.7
Thanks

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones