• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker making phone always go on vibrate

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
I've had tasker for a long time and I've had the same profiles for about 6 months. I don't know if an update changed something but now when any of my tasker profiles are on the phone automatically goes to vibrate every single time the screen goes off and you turn it back on.
The only way to stop my phone from doing this is the turn every profile off on tasker. Then my phone will not go on vibrate once the screen goes off and is turned back on. None of my profiles are set to do this.
I have the Samsung Note II by Verizon. Has anyone else had this problem? And/Or does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I really count on these profiles to help with my daily life.
Thanks for your help
Nancy

No, I don't have any kind of command like that. I have a command that puts it on silent at night from 10pm to 6am. And one that puts my phone on vibrate when I get to work that is GPS triggered.
And I've had these profiles for several months. It has only been in the last week that the phone is going into vibrate every time the screen times out and you turn it back on.
You can turn the ringer up but no matter what as soon as the screen goes off and you turn it back on it goes to vibrate every single time.

Upvote 0
I've been having a similar issue. I thought it was a conflict between some of my profiles, but that didn't really make sense. It started yesterday or the day before for me. It will randomly turn my ringer to vibrate, my media volume off, but my notification volume to full blast. It doesn't seem to trigger as regularly as yours does, but I think it has something to do with my home wifi.

Upvote 0
Sorry you are having trouble also.
I'm away due to a family emergency so I'm not at home or work. So both of those profiles have been turned off in case they were conflicting with something. But it wasn't either of them. I have one profile that just turns on a specific music player when my ear buds are plugged in. But I can't have any profiles on at all or it turns my ringer to vibrate every single time my screen is turned off. Very weird.

Upvote 0
Have you considered that it might be another app causing this? How about turning all profiles off ... problem still there?

Since it is present when all profiles are turned off ... doesn't that indicate that the culprit is not Tasker?

An additional test could be to Backup the Tasker data and then uninstal Tasker and see if the problem stops. You could then reinstall Tasker and Restore the Tasker data.

... Thom

Upvote 0
But I really like Tasker and I've already paid for Tasker. I know Tasker can do way more than I have it set to do. Actually my profiles are very basic tasks. And I only have 4 profiles. So not that many.
If I can't get this vibrate thing sorted out I will have to go to the NFC tags to get it to do what I need. I'm the emergency contact for both parents and both parents are ill so I have to have my phone and it can not go on vibrate where I can't hear it.
Thanks for the help guys.
Hope someone knows whats going on and how to fix it. Or maybe it is a bug from the last update or something. I don't know why it just started doing it after all this time.
Nancy

Upvote 0
What I meant was that I thought that those two particular profiles were the problem. But when I turned them off it still did it.
I apologize but I thought I explained it in my first post. When I turned all profiles off my phone no longer went into vibrate mode. So it is Tasker that is the problem.
I can try to back up my profiles and uninstall and reinstall when I get a chance. Thanks for your help. :)
Nancy

Upvote 0
Okay. I will check that. I have to have them all turned off even the one that just uses the mp3 app when I plug in my earbuds. That has nothing to do with the ring tone but yet it still makes the phone go to vibrate. It doesn't do it when the screen goes off but every time you turn the screen back on it goes to vibrate every single time I had to turn all of my tasks off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones