• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker saying my ROM doesn't support Extended Desktop when it does? What gives?

thisISjoel

Android Enthusiast
Feb 16, 2014
Sydney
Brothers, do any of you use tasker? I installed it the other day and so far I have it set up to turn wifi off when I leave the house, set my phone to vibrate when I get to work, turn the phone to silent when it's night time and I've got some NFC tags coming in the mail to hopefully set up to turn blue tooth on when I get in the car.

I thought it would be awesome and handy to be able to set it to toggle between normal and extended desktop mode for certain apps, mainly chrome, so I did some googling, found this thread downloaded the plug in but when I got into enable extended desktop as a custom rom option it tells me the rom doesn't support it, which is weird because extended desktop is totally an option on DU.

Anyone got any ideas or even any cool stuff you use tasker for? Thanks 

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones