• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TBH new 3.0

hey guys really quick question if im on the apex rom and would like to try this one how would i go about doing it?

You need to be running a clean 2.2 file system. I recommend flashing back to a nandroid you had before APEX or Fission or Rubix... all other ROMs before them used the 2.1.5 build and would be compatible with Tranquility.

Upvote 0
You need to be running a clean 2.2 file system. I recommend flashing back to a nandroid you had before APEX or Fission or Rubix... all other ROMs before them used the 2.1.5 build and would be compatible with Tranquility.

yeah see about that i didnt make a nandroid cuz i 1 dont know that that is and 2 am stupid, so how else would you suggest to do it?

Upvote 0
but... i didnt learn anything yet, cuz i still dont know what a nadroid is or what i should do, well i kinda know what it is but not entirely

Your nandroid would be the BACKUP you made (via Clockwork Recovery) of your deodexed setup you made before you installed Tranquility.

Maybe you should be moving slowly, Grasshopper. :D

I love the bootscreen and easy upgrade from my deodexed OTA 2.3.15.

Had to re-add all my widgets to my screens, not too bad tho.

Ran into some instability when I tried to add some text to Sticky Note, but better after a reboot.

Upvote 0
yes, everytime I run a root app, even if I've run it before, it ask for permission, even if I have to box checked to remember permissions. :rolleyes:

Run the superuser app in the app drawer, it'll say a new version is available, then go into recovery and flash the su-2.31.zip (or something like that) , reboot, and you'll be just fine.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Run the superuser app in the app drawer, it'll say a new version is available, then go into recovery and flash the su-2.31.zip (or something like that) , reboot, and you'll be just fine.

does it automatically d/l? I'm looking for it and can't find it. Any idea where it deposits itself, if it does?

EDIT: NM. I found it hiding at the bottom of the SD card. :p (silly file!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones