• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AlexKP

Nov 9, 2011
Seattle
so I just read an article showing shadowgun demo on Tegra 3 and it looked fine to me but some commenter posted a chart showing different graphical performances of different GPU's and it shows that the ipad2's GPU is actually more powerful than the GPU found in Tegra 3...is this for real?

Really, who cares if the A5's GPU is faster than the Tegra 3's? These are theoretical limits, folks--if you've played Shadowgun on the TF, then you might conclude (as I do) that gaming on a tablet really can't get terribly much better. I mean, seriously: there hasn't been a single moment when I've thought about my TF, "Man, I just wish this thing could play games more smoothly!"

The Tegra 3 looks like it's going to provide great performance with incredible battery life. Who cares how it compares to the iPad 2 in this regard?

Upvote 0
Agreed. I was going to keep the transformer I just bought but I might as well return this for a full refund and just get the TF2 since its coming out in 5 days. Plus the tf2 can play 1080p which is amazing. That's what I care about not playing stupid video games on a tablet.

That's why I have my Core i7 2600k w/ evga Geforce 570 superclock video card.

Really, who cares if the A5's GPU is faster than the Tegra 3's? These are theoretical limits, folks--if you've played Shadowgun on the TF, then you might conclude (as I do) that gaming on a tablet really can't get terribly much better. I mean, seriously: there hasn't been a single moment when I've thought about my TF, "Man, I just wish this thing could play games more smoothly!"

The Tegra 3 looks like it's going to provide great performance with incredible battery life. Who cares how it compares to the iPad 2 in this regard?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones