• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tether Help

Hey I new to the forums and sorry if this has been asked but i Couldnt find it in the search but any ways.....

I rooted my Hero and now am running fresh rom 1.1. When I open Wifi tether I press the "start to tether" button and the root access comes up I allow it but I can never get any connection speeds. I'm always at 0kbs download/upload. Can someone please help me out because I been trying to get this to work for hours but no success. Am I doin something wrong? Can somone please walk me through this!! Thanks

Hey I new to the forums and sorry if this has been asked but i Couldnt find it in the search but any ways.....

I rooted my Hero and now am running fresh rom 1.1. When I open Wifi tether I press the "start to tether" button and the root access comes up I allow it but I can never get any connection speeds. I'm always at 0kbs download/upload. Can someone please help me out because I been trying to get this to work for hours but no success. Am I doin something wrong? Can somone please walk me through this!! Thanks

Are you actually connected to a laptop/computer when doing this? If you are not, naturally it shows 0 for connection speed.

Upvote 0

Mr. The Bouncer, I think you're confusing two things, WiFi Connection and WiFi Tethering. The app that you're refering to is WiFi Tether. You use this app so that your laptop can connect to your Hero and use it like a wifi hotspot. This will allow your laptop to surf the web through your phone's connection. Until you connect your laptop, it will show 0kb up and down. Once you connect, it will show numbers both up and down, verifying that data is moving through your phone's connection.

I think what you were trying to do is connect to a WiFi network. Go into your Wireless Control settings and turn on WiFi, and connect to a network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones