• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Oh good I was getting all worked up but the only thing I can tell is there is no recovery cwm for this phone yet. Man I sure wish it had one. It took a bit of bull sing to get them to reset the service. Oh well I need to make a decision on this phone quick before I try take it back. I think it meets our needs. But got to get tethering. I will be around here working out kinks thanks to all you folks developing for this phone its a little low market but please here me when I say thanks from the poor folk who can't go out and buy an evo 3d. I might keep it for my wife just have to get it rooted. She loves her custom stuff.
Edit I just reread the statement about wifi tether working out of the box thanks Leslie Ann.

Upvote 0
By "out of the box" do you mean the OE doesn't have to be rooted? The only phone I've ever rooted was the Optimus V, and this one looks WAY more complicated. TIA - sheureka
Tether requires root.

The App worked right away (though seems to be having issue now, I have to investigate).

On the Evo V, you have to change 3 settings in the app for tether to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones